WINDOWS

 

 The Windows in All Saints Church Silkstone

The earliest record describing Glass in the Building is contained in Dodsworth's Notes of his visit in 1629. He writes that a complete reglazing scheme was begun at the beginning of the 16th Century.The only Window to retain early Stained Glass, is the East Window of the Bretton Chapel where there are two Shields that Dodsworth saw at the time of his visit, one now fragmentary, and the other virtually intact, which is of Charles Brandon Duke of Suffolk (d 1545).

 

Click here to see a copy of the banner about the windows produced during the project:-

Windows Banner 

and see the Handsheet produced on the windows here:-

Windows handsheet

and see the Booklet produced on the windows here:-

               Windows booklet